Now in its second year, California Avocado Week at the Downtown Disney District is getting ready to start at the Disneyland Resort. From July 1-7, Downtown Disney District guests will take part in cooking demonstrations, enjoy featured menu selections and more!
Each Day on the Main Stage:
- 4 p.m.: Cooking demonstrations showcasing dishes that feature California avocados. Seating will be available for 100 guests (seating will be first-come, first-served, but unlimited standing room will be available). Each seated guest will have the opportunity to taste the item being demonstrated.
- 6 p.m.: Guacamole contest featuring three participants selected by the California Avocado Commission. Contestants will make guacamole out of ingredients provided, and each dish will be judged by three judges. The winning dish will be awarded a $ 100 gift card to a participating restaurant in the Downtown Disney District.
- Nightly until 10 p.m.: DJ Wendy will play music and entertain Downtown Disney District guests.
Featured Menu Selections:
Throughout the week, the following locations will offer featured menu selections containing California avocados:
- House of Blues
- ESPN Zone
- Rainforest Cafe
- La Brea Bakery Café
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Tortilla Jo’s
Also, Sephora will be offering mini-facials at no charge to Downtown Disney District guests between 2 and 4 p.m. each day. So be sure to join us in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort for all the delicious festivities during California Avocado Week, July 1-7!
Get more news from the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in the posts below:
- Mayumi and Mayhem Take Over the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort
- La Brea Bakery Café and Express Café Now Open in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort
- D Street in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Unveils a Galaxy of New Star Wars Art
California Avocado Week at the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Begins July 1 by Janet Knox: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog