UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 2 p.m. PT, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 3 p.m. PT, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Jeff Galloway, he will also be available at the upcoming Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Expo on Friday at 12:15 and 7 p.m. PT and Saturday at 9:15 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT. Also, there is additional Galloway training information at www.runDisney.com.
Following the Jeff Galloway-led run, selected applicants will also meet a couple of special guests, including three-time Olympian and former American 1000m record holder Suzy Favor Hamilton. As always, there will be surprises along the way.
If you don’t want to be left in the dust, RSVP right now to DLR.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only 30 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 6 a.m. PT start time on Friday, August 31.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per email address.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected runners. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
Get Your Engines Running at the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up by Darrell Fry: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog