Cars Land is officially open and welcoming guests each day at Disney California Adventure park. At 12 acres, this immersive addition to the park really makes you feel like you’ve driven down Route 66 and straight into Ornament Valley. Here are some things you might not know about Cars Land:
- At more than 280,000 square feet of rockwork, the Ornament Valley mountain range is the largest rockwork created in a domestic Disney theme park.
- Every year, each Radiator Springs Racers ride vehicle will travel approximately 36,000 miles – that’s equivalent to more than 14 trips down the original Route 66.
- The section of Route 66 in Cars Land is approximately 525 feet long and 23 feet wide.
- Guests float on a bed of air created by 6,714 air vents at Luigi’s Flying Tires.
- None of the 22 tractors in Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree are the same – each has a distinctive look and personality.
Read more news from Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park:
- Disney 365 Reports from Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park
- Imagineer Q&A: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park
- Blue Sky Cellar: Imagineering Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park
Things You Might Not Know About Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park by Erin Glover: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog