I’m sure many Disney Parks Blog readers have been to the Disneyland Resort multiple times. I’d even concede that you know much more about the Resort than even I do. But there are some things you might not know. I’ve recently found some interesting facts about the Disneyland Resort that I thought you might enjoy!
- Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955, with 18 major attractions. Today, there are more than 60 adventures and attractions at the Resort.
- When Mickey & Friends parking structure opened on June 27, 2000, it was the largest parking structure in North America.
- More than 5,000 gallons of paint are used each year to give the Disneyland Resort its better-than-new look.
- More than 800 species of plants from more than 40 nations are represented at the Disneyland Resort. The landscape panorama includes approximately 17,000 trees and 100,000 shrubs. Each year, about 1 million annuals are planted at the Disneyland Resort.
- Trees at the Disneyland Resort range in size from a one-foot dwarf spruce in Storybook Land to 80-foot-high eucalyptus trees.
- The Mickey Mouse floral “portrait” at the Disneyland park main entrance is planted six times a year.
- The Disneyland Resort uses 1,000 brooms, 500 dust pans and 3,000 mops a year.
- A new Disneyland Resort cast member costume takes from eight to 12 months to design and produce. The Operational Costume Division stocks 500,000 yards of material, covering 900 different fabrics.
- More than 300 different cast member costumes, comprised of more than 850 different styles of garment pieces, are issued from nine Costume Issue locations across the Disneyland Resort and Hotels.
- Approximately 300,000 buttons are replaced each year on cast member costumes.
So there you go, Disneyland experts! A little more to add to your knowledge bank. What else would you like to know about Disneyland Resort? Let me know in the comments and I’ll see what I can find!
Things You Might Not Know About the Disneyland Resort by Erin Glover: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog