Thanks to my buddy “B” I was able to get onto the new Toy Story Midway Mania attraction at DCA. My expectations: they weren’t very high, as the concept sounded somewhat lame to me and I couldn’t see it being much different from Buzz Lightyear (which I actually do enjoy). How I felt afterwards: I rode it 4 times and still loved it! It was absolutely incredible…hands down one of my favorite “new” attractions at the park in years.
The first photo is one of the many fun posters in the line queue, showcasing the different Midway games that guests play as their vehicle takes them from room to room.
The highlight of the line queue is the giant Mr. Potato Head, voiced by Don Rickles. He actually talks to guests passing by (similar to Roz in the Monsters Inc. attraction) AND moves…with the showstopper being him pulling his ear out and reattaching it. INCREDIBLE
Here are some shots of the vehicles which seat 4 guests; 2 on each side
PLENTY of fun imagery to see as you are whisked from game to game
And here’s what guests look like as they shoot at the video screens liked crazed maniacs
The video effects in Nemo are not all that great in my opinion, and I feel it really detracts from the experience; however, the 3D effects in Toy Story Mania are out of this world. Many cool surprises await you on this one. The drawback? Yup, there has to be one…anticipating Anaheim in the summer, the line queue is going to be hot. Ceiling fans were spinning overhead the other night, and that barely took care of the heat that was already being felt as guests wound around the queue. A small price to pay though for this AWESOME new attraction. See more Toy Story Midway Mania photos at my website.
- Four-player game support competitive and cooperative multiplayer options.
- Engage in 10 fast-paced shooting galleries, containing 30 addictive mini-games – some adapted from the theme park attraction, others brand new and original to the game.
- Experience bonus levels in 3D and compete against family and friends for top prizes.
- Team up to unlock Easter eggs (hidden game features and items) and collectibles.
- In-game tickets allows players to buy “Sticker Books” that feature different game characters that can be used to build your own in-game scenarios based on certain themes.
Inspired by the Disney/Pixar feature film Toy Story and the 4D Toy Story Mania! attraction that launched at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort last year, Toy Story Mania! is now headed exclusively to the Nintendo Wii. Join all the classic Toy Story characters in Toy Story Mania! as Woody, Buzz and the gang stage their own zany, fun-filled carnival. Toy Story Mania! allows players to participate in familiar and all-new carnival-inspired shooting galleries and win top prizes in mini-ga
List Price: $ 29.99