All of us have memories from high school that would we would like to forget and most of us are lucky enough to be able to but not Marni (Kristen Bell) when she finds her arch enemy from High School, Joanna (Odette Yustman) is about to marry her brother! It gets even better when the mother of the groom, Gail (Jamie Lee Curtis) and the mother of the bride, Romona (Sigourney Weaver) realize that they two were enemies in high school.
This delightful journey of four women dealing with the skeletons from their past is very entertaining as well as though provoking from our own pasts. Not just another “chic flick”, this film is fun for the whole family. My 8 year old daughter got almost as many laughs from this film as I did! I think it might have also shown her how hurtful kids can be to each other and that it isn’t nice to make fun of others because of the way they look or how they act. Maybe I will make my daughters watch this over and over again and by the time they reach high school they will know how to treat others.
Was fun to watch the characters develop and to see the interactions and the eventual healing and reconnecting they made. The film made me laugh out loud a number of times and is an all-around “feel good” movie. Great for a family movie night or even a fun date night movie.
Women and girls are going to love it! Guys, give it a try, you just might be surprised as I was!
- FOLLOWING FICKMAN: ON SET WITH THE DIRECTOR: Peer into the madcap mind of Hollywood’s wackiest director, Andy Fickman, as he orchestrates the comedy of Kristen Bell, Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis and Betty White.
- ASK THE CAST: Jaime Lee Curtis, Betty White, Sigourney Weaver and Kristen Bell answer questions from fans asking for advice. Betty’s advise might not be what you expect.
- FUNNY OR DIE: In this behind-the-scenes interview spoof, Jaime Lee Curtis, Betty White, Sigourney Weaver, Odette Yustman and Kristen Bell discuss the movie when things get tense between the actresses eventually boiling over into a cast fight.
- DELETED SCENES: Director Andy Fickman provides intros to his deleted scenes “Sharing A Room,” “Photo Album Memories,” and “Riding The Silk.”
Everything on the DVD plus…
- BLOOPER DANCE PARTY: On-set antics abound as the cast dances to their own beat.
- ADDITIONAL DELETED SCENES: Director Andy Fickman provides intros to his deleted scenes. “Good Morning Sunshine,” “Grandma Bunny’s House (featuring Betty White),” “Meet Georgia King (with Betty White),” “Gail’s Shower/Ramona’s Dress,” “The Compost Heap (with Betty White),” “Covered In Lard (with Betty White),” “Bridal Shower (with Betty White),” “After The Fiasco,”
- FOLLOWING FICKMAN: ON SET WITH THE DIRECTOR
- ASK THE CAST
Buy at Amazon
Film Clip – Grounded
Bonus Clip – Deleted Bridal Shower Scene
Film clip – Do We Have a Problem
Film Clip – Indentured Servant