Today’s bright and sunny “morning” shot was snapped at the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. The attraction, which opened July 1, 1975, offers one of the best views of Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park. The attraction whisks guests on a 10-minute tour from Rockettower Plaza, above the Tomorrowland Speedway, and offers a sneak peak inside Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. And don’t miss out on the Peoplemover’s up-close view of a model of Progress City, a “community of tomorrow,” that eventually went on to inspire plans for Epcot.
About The Author
Avid fan of Disney and especially Walt's original park, Disneyland! Love to share the passion with others and help bring a little magic into their lives.
June 30, 2017
This Day In History
- 1938 Mickey Mouse's The Brave Little Tailor released
- 1949 Goofy Gymnastics released
- 1980 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened at Walt Disney World
- 1999 The Horizons signs were finally removed from the long-closed EPCOT attraction
- 2001 Walt Disney: One Man's Dream opened at Disney-MGM Studios