Today’s bright and sunny “morning” shot was snapped at the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. The attraction, which opened July 1, 1975, offers one of the best views of Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park. The attraction whisks guests on a 10-minute tour from Rockettower Plaza, above the Tomorrowland Speedway, and offers a sneak peak inside Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. And don’t miss out on the Peoplemover’s up-close view of a model of Progress City, a “community of tomorrow,” that eventually went on to inspire plans for Epcot.
About The Author
Avid fan of Disney and especially Walt's original park, Disneyland! Love to share the passion with others and help bring a little magic into their lives.
Garden Rocks Concert Series Brings Pop Favorites to Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 2-May 30, 2016
March 27, 2016
February 26, 2016
This Day In History
- 1925 Alice is Stage Struck released
- 1944 Springtime for Pluto released
- 1956 Skyway to Fantasyland opened at Disneyland
- 1963 Disney's first audio-animatronics were displayed to the public, as the Enchanted Tiki Room opened at Disneyland
- 1967 The Happiest Millionaire released
- 1989 Honey, I Shrunk the Kids released
- 1989 Dreamflight opened at Walt Disney World
- 1995 Pocahontas released
- 1999 Tarzan's Treehouse opened (a revamp of the Swiss Family Treehouse) at Disneyland