Ready to put the winter behind you? Then what better way than a visit to theSunshine State? As they say in Florida, “When you need it bad, we’ve got it good…”
Now is a terrific time to visit the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida, with such special events as the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival and the 2016 Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot. In addition, you can experience the many new offerings at the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs, formerly known as the Downtown Disney area. When work is completed in mid-2016, Disney Springs will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Other new offerings in the Walt Disney World Resort include the terrific newStar Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
A great way to experience these events and the area is by taking advantage of the special “Spring into the Magic Rates” that are being offered by the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels for stays through June 30, 2016. Featuring an ideal location in the Walt Disney World Resort, these seven Official Walt Disney World Hotels are within an easy walk to Disney Springs. Inspired by Florida’s charming waterfront towns, historic architecture and natural beauty, Disney Springs features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
In addition to featuring an ideal location at an outstanding value, the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels also provideshuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two water parks, and to the Disney Springs area, which is home to La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil featuring two new acts in 2016.
The Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels’ “Spring into the Magic Rates” for stays through June 30, 2016 are:
- B Resort & Spa – rates from $99 per room, per night
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – rates from $69 per room, per night
- Buena Vista Palace – rates from $99 per room, per night
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — rates from $119 per suite, per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – rates from $119 per room, per night
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World Resort – rates from $99 per room, per night
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – rates from $77 per room, per night.
For more information on the special hotel rates, or to make a reservation, visit the new website DisneySpringsHotels.com , specifically http://disneyspringshotels.com/special-offers/limited-offers/springtime-magic/ (or http://bit.ly/SpringMagic ).The special rates are available for stays through June 30, 2016, based on availability. Some blackout dates may apply, and availability may be limited. The rates do not include the Resort Services Fee or daily parking fee (if applicable), taxes or gratuities. The offer is not valid with any other special offers, promotions, existing reservations, or for groups.
Visiting provides the opportunity to take in such special events as:
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – March 2-May 30, 2016 at Epcot
- 2016 Garden Rocks Concert Series – weekends March 4-May 30, 2016 at Epcot.
Entertainment scheduled for the 2016 Garden Rocks Concert Series includes Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone; The Guess Who; Blood, Sweat and Tears starring Bo Bice; Bad Company starring Brian Howe; Georgia Satellites; Gin Blossoms; Darlene Love; Night Ranger; and The Spinners.
Other benefits of staying at one of the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels include:
- The ability to purchase Disney theme park admissions at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World Resort golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.
The reimagined Disney Springs overflows with the sights, sounds and flavors that come together in a beautiful outdoor environment with a charming waterfront setting. Set amid beautiful open-air promenades and bubbling springs, this vibrant destination features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
Well underway in its transformation, Disney Springs already has many new offerings that are open, including the upscale nautically-themed waterfront restaurant The Boathouse (from the creator of T-Rex Café and Rainforest Café), the elegant Morimoto Asia restaurant (specializing in pan-Asian cuisine, from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto), the Indiana Jones-themedJock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, The Ganachery chocolate shop, Vivoli Il Gelato (serving Italian gelato and more, like its famous sister shop in Florence, Italy), Dockside Margaritas, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (which specializes in gluten-free and vegan baked goods), and an expanded World of Disney store.
Also recently opened is Exposition Park, the home to four Disney-owned food trucks, with delicious offerings from each of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. Plus, there is a new five-level parking garage with 4,000 spaces, and the new Village Causeway which provides guests another path of travel through the area. Plus, a pedestrian bridge from the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels to the Disney Springs area opened in November 2015, making it even easier for guests.
Other new high-profile dining tenants announced for Disney Springs include STK modern steakhouse restaurant; The Edison (a 1920’s-themed restaurant, bar, and club); Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine farm-to-fork restaurant by Celebrity Chef Art Smith; renowned Chef Rick Bayless’ Frontera Fresco restaurant, specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine; Sprinkles (cupcake bakery); and Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza (offering custom pizzas). Also, Planet Hollywood is being renovated and made over as a star-themed Planet Hollywood Observatory.
Almost a dozen shops also have recently opened, including Star Wars Galactic Outpost, Chapel Hats, Havaianas sandals store, Sanuk (home of unique footwear), Sound Lion, and men’s grooming store The Art of Shaving. New high-profile fashion retail tenants announced include Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO, UGG, and PANDORA.
Additional dining offerings open at Disney Springs include: Rainforest Café, T-Rex Café, House of Blues Restaurant, Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Bongo’s Cuban Café, and Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
Among the many other offerings open at Disney Springs are: AMC Movies at Disney Springs 24, The Art of Disney, The LEGO Store, Build-A-Dino by Build-A-Bear Workshop, Disney Design-A-Tee, Disney’s Candy Cauldron, Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories, House of Blues (live entertainment venue), Once Upon a Toy, Orlando Harley-Davidson (apparel and accessories), Steve Baker Caricatures, Pearl Factory, Starbucks at Disney Springs Marketplace, and Shop for Ireland.
Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels (DisneySpringsHotels.com) is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World Hotels that includes:
- B Resort & Spa — the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms, the full-service B Indulged AVEDA Spa, and features the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – the 18-story, 325-room resort overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World Resort, and offers two restaurants, lounge, and wireless internet
- Buena Vista Palace — situated on 27 lush acres, the 27-story hotel is nearing completion of a redesign that includes the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants, and the outdoor pool and recreation areas
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — the luxurious and newly renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista — just steps from Disney Springs, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Benihana Steakhouse), and 24-hour fitness center
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World Resort — offers the ideal setting to stay, meet and play, featuring modern Florida décor and no resort fees
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista — featuring Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, 394 comfortable guest rooms, six dining options, and the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water features.
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues. VisitDisneySpringsHotels.com .