In just a few weeks, we’ll be kicking off another season of Star Wars Day at Sea aboard the Disney Fantasy! With so many new experiences coming to the daylong celebration, you’ll have more chances than ever for galactic adventures in 2018.
To prepare your family for the out-of-this-galaxy fun, check out these top ten ways to experience Star Wars Day at Sea …
1. Choose your costume wisely. Before you even step on the ship, choose a side and plan your day’s attire. Whether you resemble Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers or other iconic Star Wars characters, dressing up adds to the fun for young and old alike.
2. Indulge in the Star Wars films. In the days leading up to the epic celebration, check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
3. Encounter heroes who inspire you. New in 2018, you are guaranteed a time to meet and take photographs with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Before you even step onboard, reserve these character encounters on disneycruise.com.
4. Celebrate with other fans. The family costume party in the atrium is one of the day’s epic events not to be missed. It’s a great chance to celebrate your love for Star Wars and meet other fans who share your affinity.
5. Be open to making new friends. You never know who you might meet roaming the ship. Jawas, Rebels, Storm Troopers and others are often spotted out on the deck. Plus, your kids can meet C-3PO, Storm Troopers and more at Star Wars: Command Post in the youth club.
6. Make it a family adventure. Share your love for Star Wars with your kids by joining the special activities for families, such as droid racing in the atrium, learning to draw your favorite Star Warscharacters, and helping track the Porgs wreaking havoc throughout the ship.
7. Send your kids to Resistance training. At Star Wars: Command Post, Younglings can embark on an action-packed training adventure with members of the Resistance who will teach them how to hone their skills to defeat First Order Stormtroopers.
8. Cheer as Padawans face the dark side. In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children can learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face-off with Darth Vader and, new to 2018, Kylo Ren.
9. Watch the epic saga come to life on stage. The “Summon the Force” deck celebration is where you can unleash the Force during games, music and a galactic dance party. The event features stunts, special effects and favorite Star Wars characters, including Rey for the first time in 2018.
10. Get inspired by a stunning fireworks show. The day’s grand finale is a spectacular pyrotechnics display set to John Williams’ iconic music. Both lifelong Star Wars fans and those new to the adventure are sure to get chills as you watch the pyrotechnic show with family by your side.
Star Wars Day at Sea returns to the Disney Fantasy from January to April 2018.