Fifty years ago, on March 18, 1967, a Disney Parks classic first set sail at Disneyland park. Throughout the next 50 years, Pirates of the Caribbean went on to become an iconic fan favorite, pillaging and plundering at Disney Parks around the world, with Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and most recently, the award-winning Pirates of the Caribbean – Battle for the Sunken Treasure at Shanghai Disney Resort. Take a look at some fun facts about this Disneyland original in the video below!
About The Author
Avid fan of Disney and especially Walt's original park, Disneyland! Love to share the passion with others and help bring a little magic into their lives.
February 29, 2016
February 22, 2016
January 27, 2016
February 2, 2016
This Day In History
- 1930 The Silly Symphony "Monkey Melodies" released
- 1936 The Silly Symphony "Three Blind Mousketeers" released
- 1986 Disneyland's Magic Eye Theater opened
- 2000 Wild Life (a computer-animated feature scheduled for 2002 release with a story roughly based on My Fair Lady) was cancelled
- 2001 Beauty & The Beast stage show opened in Denver
- 2001 According To Jim aired on U.S. TV for the first time
- 2001 “President George W. Bush” took his place in the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom