Fifty years ago, on March 18, 1967, a Disney Parks classic first set sail at Disneyland park. Throughout the next 50 years, Pirates of the Caribbean went on to become an iconic fan favorite, pillaging and plundering at Disney Parks around the world, with Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and most recently, the award-winning Pirates of the Caribbean – Battle for the Sunken Treasure at Shanghai Disney Resort. Take a look at some fun facts about this Disneyland original in the video below!
About The Author
Avid fan of Disney and especially Walt's original park, Disneyland! Love to share the passion with others and help bring a little magic into their lives.
February 29, 2016
February 22, 2016
January 27, 2016
February 2, 2016
This Day In History
- 1929 The Karnival Kid (starring Mickey Mouse) released
- 1932 Flowers and Trees (a Silly Symphony) released. It was the first ever Technicolor cartoon
- 1932 Just Dogs (a Silly Symphony) released
- 1993 Indiana Jones et la Temple du Peril opened at Disneyland Paris
- 1998 Disney Magic began it's maiden voyage
- 1999 Runaway Bride released