The Haunted Mansion ballroom will soon host the 15th gingerbread house designed, baked and decorated to celebrate the season inside Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland park. We thought it would be fun to take a look back through the years at these spooky centerpieces that have become a Halloween Time tradition and show you a sneak peek at this year’s treat!
Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House Fun Facts:
- Heights have ranged from five feet (the smallest) to 15 feet (the tallest – almost touching the chandelier)
- It takes 16 days to build and decorate the gingerbread house, on average
- A team of 4 pastry chefs works together to create each masterpiece
- Many of the pastry chefs have been part of this kooky tradition since 2001
This year’s house is made of:
- 200 pounds gingerbread
- 200 pounds powdered sugar
- 4 gallons egg whites
- 1 gallon lemon juice
- 50 pounds fondant
- 1/3 pound glitter
Do you have a favorite Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house? My favorite year was 2003, when approximately 9,999 green gummy frogs made up Oogie Boogie!