We’re heading into the final week of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, and gathering some of our favorite dishes from this year’s event for a new Disney cookbook that includes recipes like the Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam, new at this year’s LA Style Festival Marketplace. Check out the video below and give the recipe a try!
You’ve got until April 16 to experience the festival at Disney California Adventure park, featuring celebrity chefs, winemaker dinners, beer tasting seminars and loads of fantastic tastes from across the Golden State at more than a dozen Festival Marketplaces. Get more details plus make reservations for signature and other ticketed events at Disneyland.com/foodandwine.
Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dole pineapple juice
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can Dole pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Fresno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper
FOR TERIYAKI CHICKEN:
- Combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Pour over chicken thighs, cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 350°F.
- Drain marinade from chicken and grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and brush with butter. Place on grill for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with pineapple jam.
FOR PINEAPPLE JAM:
- While chicken marinates, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add sugar, vinegar and pineapple to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until thick. Stir in chopped Fresno chiles and jalapeños.
- Set aside until ready to serve.