Check in and board this haunted elevator-themed ride before it checks out forever on January 2, 2017.
A Spirited Sendoff with All-New Thrills
- “Late Check Out” – Guests arriving after nightfall will endure this frightful odyssey while plunged into complete darkness!
- Performances by the Silver Lake Sisters – Through October 31, these dulcet-toned sirens of yesteryear will make regular “appearances” to entertain Guests with tunes from Hollywood’s Golden Age. Check the Disneyland Mobile App for show times.
- Special Disney PhotoPass Opportunities – Complete your eerie experience with a photo of yourself “checking out” in front of the Hollywood Tower Hotel marquee, complete with vintage luggage and other period Tinseltown props.
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror devotees can fondly remember this harrowing ordeal with one-of-a-kind merchandise, a specialty hot dog and commemorative cocktail.
- “Final Check Out” Keepsakes – Bring home a souvenir from the other side. Items may include commemorative pins, t-shirts, room-key keychain and holiday ornaments (while supplies last).
- The Tower Drop Dog at Award Wieners – The ultimate “wurst-case” scenario features an all-beef frank dripping with red pepper ketchup, buried in grilled onions, peppers and onion crunch, then laid out on a black noir potato bun.
- The Drop Cocktail at Carthay Circle Restaurant – Midori and Irish cream encounter several exhilarating “drops” of grenadine.
Drop into The Twilight Zone
Explore the notorious Hollywood Tower Hotel, the onetime haunt of Tinseltown’s rich and famous—until a mysterious event forced it to close on Halloween in 1939. Edge past the wrought-iron gates of the abandoned abode and wind your way through a neglected, weed-filled garden before stepping inside a dilapidated lobby, seemingly frozen in time.
Make your way into a cozy library and behold curious artifacts from around the globe. As lightning ignites the darkened room, a nearby television set springs to life and Rod Serling welcomes you on a journey into the Twilight Zone.
From a secret passage, trudge into the shadowy confines of a dilapidated boiler room, where your vessel into the 5th dimension awaits. Enter the dusty service lift and strap yourself in, light bulbs flickering on and off above you.
Seated in the lift, launch upward though the hotel in darkness as the voice of Rod Serling echoes all around you. Suddenly, the corroded doors spring open to reveal a lengthy hallway inhabited by the otherworldly hotel inhabitants from 1939 beckoning for you to join them. But your skyward journey has just begun.
Squeal in terror as you “freefall” down the abandoned shaft then unexpectedly change direction and hurtle back upward. Gaze out through a missing wall 13 stories high as the doors inexplicably open and close to reveal the hotel grounds. As if possessed by some unseen phantom, the lift plummets down and speeds upward over and over again, the sound of cables snapping and metal clanging overhead.
Will you make it back to the real world… or will you become a permanent resident of the Twilight Zone?
The Mystery of the Hollywood Tower Hotel
The Present Day
You’re invited to take a tour of the Hollywood Tower Hotel and embark on a perilous journey to unravel the mystery.