adidas and Pixar have teamed up to create a special collection inspired by the timeless Toy Story message of friendship and loyalty to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film’s release.
Now more than ever this collaboration represents the importance of bringing people together whether that be on the court, field, classroom or playground. It serves as a reminder that we all have friends to lean on just like Andy has Woody, Buzz and the rest of the Toy Story crew.
The adidas x Pixar Toy Story Friendship Collection will debut October 1 on adidas.com and will include a sneaker and apparel capsule inspired by the time period of the 1995 theatrical release as well as a LUXO basketball. The collection will be available in Juniors, Children and Infant sizes, retailing for $22-$120.
Each sneaker in the pack celebrates a different character from the movie:
- D.O.N. Issue #2 x Woody: “Giddy up partner!” This D.O.N. Issue #2 gets the Woody treatment with a blue denim upper and print details that pay homage to the one and only Sheriff Woody. It also features Andy’s name on the right outsole.
- Dame 7 x Buzz: “TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!” This white, purple and green upper features Buzz Lightyear print details and glow in the dark elements. It also features Andy’s name on the right outsole.
- Pro Model 2G x Luxo: Drawing inspiration from the iconic yellow, blue and red ball that was first featured in Toy Story and is featured in every Pixar movie. This also features the iconic A113 Easter Egg reference on the tongue.
- Deep Threat x Aliens: “I have been chosen!” This take on the friends from another planet features prints and glow in the dark details.
- NMD_R1 x Jessie: “Yee-Haw!” This take on the NMD features cow print BOOST and other energetic details.
- Superstar x Hamm: This iconic shell toe sneaker gets the Piggy Bank treatment with a patent leather upper and Hamm’s face on the back heel.
- Top Ten Hi x Rex: A green synthetic leather upper with debossed details mimic that of the lovable tyrannosaurus rex.
Pixar Fest is also happening all month long and this week celebrates all things Toy Story! Tune-in on Disney+ on Saturday, 9/26 for a whatalong and join the conversation using #PixarFest!
For additional information and updates, please visit www.adidas.com and follow the conversation @adidashoops, @adidasoriginals, and @adidasfballus on Twitter and Instagram with #YGAFIM.