One of the things I’m looking forward to most in 2018 is the much-anticipated debut of Toy Story Land here at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The expansion will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore Andy’s backyard, which has been delightfully scattered with toys from the “Toy Story” films.
Here are five things we know about Toy Story Land so far.
1. You Can View The Toy Story Land Model Now At Walt Disney Presents – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can view the Toy Story Land model in person at the Walt Disney Presents exhibit. The full model is on display, as well as ride vehicle maquettes for both Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog Dash.
2. Slinky Dog Dash Looks Sweet! – This a family coaster themed as if Andy built it in his backyard using his Mega Coaster Play Kit and some of his other favorite toys. The attraction’s adorable ride vehicles were inspired by Slinky from the film and will send guests dipping, dodging and dashing around Toy Story Land.
3. Toy Story Friends Like Rex, Jessie, Sarge & Others Can Be Spotted In The Land – Late last year, Rex and Jessie were installed as a part of the Slinky Dog Dash attraction. A peek at the rendering of Woody’s Lunchbox hints at even more characters that will soon be added, like Sarge.
4. Guests Will Dine At Woody’s Lunchbox – Andy has used his lunch box and thermos to create a walk-up quick-service window that will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats. In the rendering above, you can see that Woody’s Lunch Box is surrounded by some of Andy’s favorite toys and lunch items. Stay tuned to the blog in the coming months for specific menu details.
5. It Opens This Summer At Disney’s Hollywood Studios! – We don’t have an exact opening date yet, but be sure we’ll post it as soon as we know.