Horizons at Epcot opened on October 1, 1983. Here, guests explored new options for living and working in the 21st century. The attraction showcased cities of the future including space colonies, floating cities and desert farms. And how can anyone forget the amazing “holographic telephones!” The 136,000 square foot building that housed the attraction featured a roofline that resembled an emerald-cut diamond.
About The Author
Avid fan of Disney and especially Walt's original park, Disneyland! Love to share the passion with others and help bring a little magic into their lives.
Garden Rocks Concert Series Brings Pop Favorites to Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 2-May 30, 2016
March 27, 2016
Reservations Extended for Club Villain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
February 26, 2016
This Day In History
- 1972 If You Had Wings opened at Walt Disney World
- 1994 The Mickey Mania afternoon parade began its run at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
- 1998 Mulan premiered at the Hollywood Bowl
- 1999 The March of the ARTimals parade performed for the final time at Animal Kingdom
- 1999 The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh opened at Walt Disney World, where it replaced the much-loved Mr Toad's Wild Ride
- 1999 Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance began a run of daily performances at Epcot
- 1999 Der Glockner Von Notre Dame (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) stage show premiered in Berlin