This year, guests at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival can’t miss the new marketplace, Islands of the Caribbean.
The kiosk, featuring dishes inspired by Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Puerto Rico, will delight all in the familia.
Islands of the Caribbean will have Jamaican beef patties, mojo pork (with black beans, cilantro rice and picked red onions), pescado con coco (seared grouper, pigeon peas and rice with coconut sauce), and Quesito (puff pastry with sweetened cream cheese and guava sauce).
Beverages include a Presidente pilsner, frozen mojito and Caribbean sangria.
I love desserts, so I’m excited to share the recipe for the Quesito! Enjoy!
- 1 sheet (9-10 inch square) puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 teaspoons sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 8 triangles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, rolled into a log shape, in center of each triangle. Top with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Take the two corners of the longest side of the triangle and meet in the middle. Pinch to seal. Roll pastry towards top of triangle, gently squeezing the middle to spread out cream cheese. Seal seam with a little water. Repeat with remaining puff pastry.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and flip to allow caramelized sugar to drip.
- Serve warm.
What to drink: A cappuccino for breakfast or a glass of Moscato for dessert.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival takes place from September 14 ‘til November 14, with more than 30 global marketplaces around the theme park. For more information visit epcotfoodfestival.com.