As many of you already know, Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort is a shopper’s paradise … especially with all the new openings in the Town Center neighborhood. And my tween daughter LOVES to shop! We just took a trip to the newest stores and she found many treasures. Let me share our journey and some of the places we visited, as they may appeal to your tween, too.
- Sugarboo & Co – Sugarboo & Co is a family-owned business and inside you will find some fun novelty items! The owner’s whole philosophy for the store is to offer products that remind us of our childhood. My tween found items that I, in fact, loved as a kid! For instance, she purchased her very first “Mad Libs” there, along with a retro harmonica and a magic card set. Some other fun gifts for special occasions were a balloon modeling kit, a Jurassic in a Jar – DIY Terrarium Kit and Fancy Pea Shooters.
- Volcom – This place is a fabulous one for tween boys. My daughter has a classmate’s birthday party coming up and I was able to find some goodies here for him. The brand combines surfing, skating and snowboarding fashion all in one, so I picked up some tween board shorts. There’s so much cool apparel to choose from!
- UNIQLO –UNIQLO is a Japanese brand that carries great, affordable fashion for adults and kids … and perfect for back-to school shopping for all tweens. The clothing is designed to be simple and of great quality. They are soft to the touch and comfy. And the prices … so affordable!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – After hitting those three stores, it was time for a treat so we headed to a cupcake ATM machine! I’ve never seen anything like it! Sprinkles, the cupcake bakery first made famous in Beverly Hills, has a cupcake ATM machine with fresh cupcakes available all day. The cupcakes are handcrafted … and so yummy! Of course, you can always go into the store and order one, but the ATM machine made the experience so unique and fun.
- ZARA – One more stop for some more back-to-school goodies! Zara is one of the largest international fashion companies out there with trendy and cute items in the kids section, located upstairs, for both girls and boys. The clothes are so fashion-forward and adorable.
- Lilly Pulitzer – One final stop and it was my absolute favorite! I love to wear happy, bright-colored dresses to work and I can find them at Lilly Pulitzer. My “mini-me” has been begging me for her own Lilly dress … so the time had come to initiate her. In a section just for young girls, my daughter had trouble choosing just one item. I have a feeling we will be back.
There’s so much more at Town Center at Disney Springs so grab your own youngster and check it out! And for more information on planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort with your tween, check out www.disneyworld.com/Tweens.