There are only a few weeks left for the inaugural Epcot International Festival of the Arts. I recently enjoyed the wonderful sights, sounds and tastes from around the world at the festival. If you are planning a visit this month, here are several of my favorite things to see along with a few product updates.
My first stop was the Odyssey Festival Showplace to see works by Disney historical artists Mary Blair and Herb Ryman. The location also carries original Disney artwork that is available for purchase. I recommend trying the Trio of Savory Croissant Doughnuts offered at The Painter’s Palate.
I also loved the Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate at Pop Eats! kiosk located toward Canada pavilion.
You may recall reading about the fun scavenger hunt called Figment’s Brush with the Masters. Once guests complete the hunt, they can redeem it for one of four Figment magnets (shown above). Stop by Disney Traders near entrance to World Showcase to get started.
Due to popular demand, guests may now find some of that Figment artwork available in the Art on Demand kiosk at the Art of Disney location near Spaceship Earth. Artwork by Herb Ryman featured on this year’s festival poster is also available on demand.
Here are a handful of artists you may meet this month (please note all appearances are subject to change without notice):
- Walt Disney Imagineer and artist Jason Grandt will be at the Disney Artist tent near Mexico Pavilion. On Friday and Sunday, look for him from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. On Saturday, he will appear from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Master glass blower Reinhard Herzog will be near the Germany Pavilion each day of the festival.
- Artist Trevor Carlton will be performing on the Fountain View stage in Future World at 10:35 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. each day.
- Find him from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. each day in the Collectors Editions tent near Morocco Pavilion.
- The Disney Artist tent will host several artists throughout the weekend including Dave Avanzino, David Buckley, Joe Kaminski, Randy Noble, and Don “Ducky” Williams.
- Jerrod Maruyama will be at the WonderGround Gallery tent near Canada pavilion from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. each day.
- Noah returns to the festival to meet with guests at his tent near Showcase Plaza.