With Florida temperatures heating up, some cool news from Disney Springs’ dining spots:
- More shade, big umbrellas and new frozen margaritas at Dockside Margaritas, a favorite waterfront respite for cold drinks and live music. And while classic margaritas and other cocktails are on the menu, seasonal frozen margaritas (watermelon, apple, agave nectar and tangerine mix-ins are among rotating flavors) are fun for summertime. Live music usually starts around noon and goes until 10:15 p.m.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes on the West Side added more air-conditioned space on the second floor with an enclosed balcony that expands the dining room. Tables and high tops are along the windows, with fabulous views of Disney Springs through floor-to-ceiling windows. A new bar anchors the space.
- The BOATHOUSE at The Landing has three new summer dishes: herb-marinated grilled shrimp with smoked jalapeño grits, cornbread and housemade jalapeño jelly; house-smoked beef brisket au jus sandwich with spicy giardineria; and coconut bread pudding souffle with roasted pineapple and rum caramel sauce.
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. kiosk in Marketplace has a new Latin Dog, topped with chipotle mayo, corn salsa and queso fundido, one of five delectable choices – vegetarians can try the meatless Italian-style with peppers, onion and marinara. (And we love their homemade pickles.)
- The popular “Jasper Board” starter gets bigger at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ with smoked fish dip, pimento cheese, shaved country and tasso hams and buttermilk crackers. With a cocktail, it’s a meal. Or try the new “Ham, Ham & Jam” with three Cheddar drop biscuits with ham, blackberry fig jam and pimento cheese. A new hangar steak with good ol’ Southern succotash (made with grilled corn, tomato and lima beans) and a new Chef Art Burger with Art’s special secret sauce round out the savories. If you want to go lighter, there’s a new watermelon salad with heirloom tomatoes, crispy ham, feta cheese and candied pecans.
- STK Orlando has a new happy hour menu, available every Monday through Friday from 4 to 6 p.m. with small bites like Cherry Tomato and Watermelon Skewers for $6 and beer and well drinks for $4.
- The Polite Pig in Town Center added five bourbon flights: The Friendly Flight, The Polite Flight, The Refined Flight, The Rye Whiskey Flight and the American Whiskey Flight. A fun way to try a sip of something new – each flight has three bourbons. There is also a new BBQ Cheddar Sausage Hoagie and Double Layer Chocolate Cake.