I feel like the holidays just ended, but somehow it’s already February and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. This year, there’s even more to adore about celebrating the season of love at Disney Springs. Sure, you can find chocolates, jewelry and the best date destinations in town, but that’s just the beginning!
FIND THE PERFECT GIFT:
- FLOWERS: The Disney Florist will set up shop at Marketplace Co-Op on Friday, February 10th through Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, February 14th. With bouquets exclusive to Disney Springs, roses, balloons and a new basket-building service (seriously – you fill it up with gifts you select from throughout Disney Springs and they’ll wrap it up for you in an exquisite basket!), there’s something perfect for your Valentine. Prices start at $19.99.
- SWEETS: The Ganachery will offer special packages with seasonally-inspired chocolate flavors including strawberry, violet and champagne, to name a few. At Candy Cauldron and Goofy’s Candy Co., look for a new rose cake pop, while Amorette’s Patisserie will feature gift sets and an enchanted rose macaroon dome cake.
- KEEPSAKES: Pandora Jewelry, Alex and Ani, Luxury of Time by Diamonds International, Erwin Pearl, Na Hoku, UNOde50, Something Silver…there are plenty of shops to find gifts that sparkle and shine. If you’d rather think outside the (jewelry) box, several retailers have special promotions or limited-time product – at Basin, find Valentine’s themed soaps and baskets; Kipling will gift you a Valentine’s Day monkey keychain with any purchase of $75 or more; Shore is offering a free candle when you spend at least $75; American Threads is featuring 20% off dresses; Vince Camuto will send you home with a free duffle bag when you buy a Ciao fragrance or Terra cologne; at nearby MAC Cosmetics, red lipsticks abound (Not sure which shade is right? Book a makeover!).
PLAN THE PERFECT DATE:
- DINNER: Now is the time to try out one of the new restaurants you’ve been eyeing. STK Orlando, Portobello Italian Trattoria, Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe and Bongos Cuban Cafe, are all offering special prix fixe Valentine’s Day Menus, but reservations are accepted at all Disney Springs Table Service locations. Click here or call 407-WDW-DINE to make a reservation. Tip: Book early as Valentine’s Day will likely fill up, or consider dining later in February – just be sure to give your love an I.O.U. for that romantic dinner so the two of you have something to look forward to.
- A SHOW: It’s the ultimate date any day of the year, but when paired with Valentine’s Day, tickets to “La Nouba” by Cirque du Soleil will score you big points. (Warning: You’ll have a tough time topping this gift next year.)
- PLAYFUL FUN: Fancy a little friendly competition with your better half? On Valentine’s Day, enjoy 50% off a 1-day DisneyQuest ticket after 5pm, where you can enjoy five floors of gaming awesomeness, including classic arcade games and virtual reality adventures. Pair this with a stop at D-Luxe Burger, where new “duo” meals that include two burgers, two soft drinks and a regular order of fries recently debuted, alongside a seasonal “chocolate covered strawberry” shake. If you’d rather keep score the old-fashioned way, reserve a lane at Splistville Luxury Lanes for a bowling and dinner combo a deux.
SAVOR THE PERFECT MOMENT:
- SIPS: Expect themed-cocktail specials throughout property. Dockside Margaritas will showcase a “Lovers Margarita” flavored with pomegranate. Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will serve up “I left my heart in Pankot,” a delightful pink concoction (available 2/13-2/14) and at the Coca-Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar, order a “Love Potion No. 10” after 1 p.m. For even more options, consider the new Stargazers Lounge at Planet Hollywood Observatory, or the rooftop bars at STK Orlando, Morimoto Asia or Paddlefish.
- STROLLS: Wander the West Side and beyond and keep an eye out for live musical entertainment. On any given night, the property boasts over 25 acts; this month, listen up for an infusion of love songs.
- SNAPS: Seek out Disney’s PhotoPass Photographers who will have themed props ready to capture you and your love in a photo fit for a heart-shaped frame.
There are so many ways to spoil your special someone at Disney Springs – which offering will your love love most? Share in the comments below – I’d love to know!