Holidays at the Disneyland Resort are one of the most enchanting times of the year to visit the theme parks and stay at one of three on-property hotels. Here are many of the merry and bright ways guests will immerse themselves in the magic of the season at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort:
- Festive Decor:The Craftsman-inspired décor at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa extends to the holiday decorations, from garland woven with natural materials to the towering Christmas tree lit with Arts and Crafts motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gives a wintry nod to “it’s a small world” Holiday with white, light blue and golden lobby décor inspired by the classic Disneyland attraction. The nautical theming at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features blue, green and silver holiday décor, along with shells and starfish garland draped on an underwater themed tree, to create a beachy holiday setting.
- Grand Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: A highlight at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the giant gingerbread replica of the hotel, a popular stop in the lobby. Standing 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide, the structure is created from more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant and 1 pound of pixie dust – plus 25 hidden Mickeys. Nearby, guests may purchase sweet treats such as Santa Mickey shortbread cookies from the lobby’s holiday cart.
- A Grand Gingerbread House Experience: This is a special offering for guests of all three hotels to work with the resort’s talented pastry chefs who crafted the Grand Californian’s iconic gingerbread house on display. This hands-on workshop offers holiday fun for the whole family, complete with hot cocoa and cookies to enjoy, plus a miniature gingerbread house to take home. The class takes place in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on select dates in December. For workshop details, pricing information and to register for this experience, hotel guests may call Guest Services at 714-635-2300 (Option 5) or visit the Guest Services Desk.
- “A Very Merry Holiday Tea”: The elegant Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel will feature this special afternoon tea on select days from noon to 3 p.m., Nov. 8 through Dec. 31. The menu includes scones, tea sandwiches, desserts and more. Reservations are recommended and can be made in the Disneyland app, Disneyland.com, or by calling (714) 781-DINE. Throughout the year, the Disneyland Hotel offers other themed afternoon tea events, including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, summer and Halloween Time.
- Santa Claus and Carolers: Santa will visit each Disneyland Resort hotel from Nov. 22 through Dec. 24. Hotel guests are encouraged to meet, greet and take a seat with St. Nick. Guests also will be delighted to hear the joyful sounds of vocal performers and carolers strolling the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Dec.15-25, and hand bell carolers perform at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Nov. 23, 2019 through Jan. 5, 2020.
- In-Room Holiday Celebration: Families can deck the halls of their Disneyland Resort hotel room with a little magic from Mickey Mouse. The experience begins as guests discover a holiday character banner on the hotel room door, followed by a room full of Disney holiday surprises. Luminaries light the way to create a warm glow throughout the room, leading the family to discover a collection of gifts for all. To arrange this surprise in advance, hotel guests may call Disney Floral & Gifts at (714) 781-4438 or visit disneyfloralandgifts.com for prices and details.
- Extra Magic Hour:With easy, convenient access to both parks, guests staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort can make the most of their visit with Extra Magic Hour admission with their valid theme park ticket. Extra Magic Hour offers park admission to a designated theme park one hour earlier than the general public. Extra Magic Hour is only available for guests who stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. Separate theme park admission is required.**
- Vacation Values: It’s a season of savings with up to 25% off select rooms at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort on select Sunday through Thursday evenings through Dec.19, 2019. Guests can save up to 20% on standard rooms and 25% on premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; up to 15% on standard rooms and 20% on premium rooms at Disneyland Hotel, and up to 10% on premium rooms at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.***
*The Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures event includes five hours of valet parking at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made, upon availability, up to 60 days in advance. For more details, please visit Disneyland.com or call (714) 781-DINE. Character appearances and offerings are subject to change.
**Extra Magic Hour is valid for registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests for admission to select attractions at designated theme park before the park opens to the general public. Check Disneyland.com for schedule of when each park offers Extra Magic Hour. Each registered hotel Guest (ages 3 and older) must have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card. Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and attractions, offerings and services may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.
***Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel for most Sunday through Thursday nights now through 12/19/19. Book through 12/5/19; travel must be completed by 12/20/19. Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and Artisan, Paradise, Junior and Family suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission required to enjoy the parks.