On June 17, the all-new experience Soarin’ Around the World will be making its debut at Disney California Adventure and Epcot. With launch day less than a month away, it’s the perfect time to give fans a run-down of what to expect from the new attraction. Here are five things to look out for!
- The ride will be replacing Soarin’ Over California, which was a staple at both Disney California Adventure and Epcot. You’ll be able to experience the original ride until June 15 at DCA, and June 16 at Epcot—after it reopens at the Land Pavilion in Future World for farewell flights on May 27.
- Soarin’ Around the World debuts at Shanghai Disney Resort (as Soaring Over the Horizon) on June 16, in the Adventure Isle section of that brand new resort. That means that Disney California Adventure Park (at Disneyland Resort), and Epcot (at Walt Disney World Resort) will be getting this brand new attraction just a day after its international debut. Amazing.
- The new attraction takes guests on an epic flight across six continents. Places like the Great Wall of China, Sydney Harbor, and more will be visited.
- The team behind the project created a new ultra high-resolution camera for the attraction, and coupled it with a laser projection system. Additionally, the soundtrack has been re-recorded, and new scents have been added. As to what those scents are is anybody’s guess, but we can’t wait to smell the new aromas!
- A third theater has been added to the Land Pavilion at Epcot. More theaters equals more fun!
We can’t wait to board our first flight. To get even more pumped for the ride, check out the gorgeous sneak peek below!