Military moms and dads on the Disney Parks Moms Panel know first-hand how precious that limited time can be, making them the perfect resource for fellow military families looking to plan a magical and memorable visit to Disney Parks and Resorts.
With a few tips and guidance from the Disney Parks Moms Panel – a group of in-the-know Disney loving adults – active and former military members and their families can take advantage of Veteran’s Day by planning a special vacation or day-trip to Walt Disney World or Disneyland, even at a moment’s notice!
For your readers looking to create lasting memories with their families and show military moms, dads and grandparents a little extra appreciation during this time of year, they can check out the below personal insight from military family members on the Disney Parks Moms Panel who have their own experience planning a Disney vacation involving a loved one in the military:
- Walt Disney World Resorts offers a special “Thank You” to U.S. Military members through its Military Salute promotion, which is currently running through December 19. The ticket is available in a four- or five-day option, both of which include Park Hoppers
- Some families like to split their tickets purchased with the Military Salute program as a way to bookend a deployment by having a few fun days before a loved one leaves, and by celebrating in style once they come back
- Shades of Green runs a promotion in January and September that allows all service men and women who were honorably discharged and can present a DD-214 to stay at the resort. They can purchase tickets through Shades of Green and can take advantage of the deluxe accommodations at a great price. The property also sells park passes onsite that are sales tax-free!
- Walt Disney World Resort hotels also provide great rates for military members! Those planning a visit can book by December 19, 2018, for stays most nights from January 1 to March 24-2018 and April 6 to December 19, 2018
- With an active or retired military ID, guests can visit a Walt Disney World Resort ticket window for a specially priced Memory Maker that allows them to truly be in-the-moment while Disney PhotoPass Photographers document everything for them along the way as they capture special memories
- Walt Disney World Resort is a great option for military members and their partners to get some R&R even if booking a last-minute stay! Relax by the pool, enjoy the bustling entertainment and shopping scene, walk Disney springs, dine at the array of delicious restaurants, and enjoy a number of activities outside the parks like golf, bowling or horseback riding