At the upcoming D23 Expo 2017, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) will showcase a blockbuster slate of programming from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. Fans will get an inside glimpse into Disney products and collectibles during a presentation on the Walt Disney Archives Stage, while exclusive news about games and interactive experiences will be unveiled during a presentation in the 3,400-seat D23 Expo Arena. In addition to the DCPI pavilion on the show floor, Disney Publishing Worldwide will go “behind the pages” of some of their upcoming books during a series of panels throughout the weekend. Oh My Disney will also bring fun, fan-focused live activations to the heart of the DCPI pavilion all three days on the Oh My Disney Stage.
Programming kicks off on Friday, July 14, the first day of the Expo and continues through the weekend:
The Walt Disney Company’s Celebrated Product Legacy and the Exciting Future Ahead
Friday, July 14, 10 a.m., The Walt Disney Archives Stage
Fans and collectors are invited to the ultimate inside look at how products and collectibles have become an essential part of the fan experience for Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. This session will provide a look back at the important role consumer products have played in the history of the Company, as well as a sneak peek at the product development process. Attendees will also get a first look at some of the most exciting upcoming and new product lines. And they can also expect a few surprises that no fan will want to miss!
Level Up! The Walt Disney Company’s Video Game Showcase
Saturday, July 15, 1 p.m., D23 Expo Arena
At the Games showcase, fans will experience never-before-seen gameplay, trailers, special guests, and other unforgettable surprises from across the Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel games portfolios. Jimmy Pitaro, Chairman, DCPI, will kick off the presentation, which will feature many show-stopping moments including announcements from Marvel, and more information about highly anticipated games, including Star Wars Battlefront II™ from Electronic Arts, KINGDOM HEARTS III from Disney and Square Enix, and more.
Disney Books Panels and Presentations
Friday, July 14, Sunday, July 16, various stages
Guests will be able to go inside the pages of their favorite classic and contemporary stories during Disney Publishing Worldwide’s series of exclusive panels and presentations.
● On Friday, July 14, at 10:30 a.m. in the D23 Expo Arena, Gravity Falls series creator Alex Hirsch and Star vs. The Forces ofEvil series creator Daron Nefcy will discuss what it’s like to bring hit Disney XD series from the screen to page with bestselling titles Gravity Falls: Journal 3 and Star vs. The Forces of Evil: Star and Marco’s Guide to Mastering Every Dimension.
● Mindy Johnson, author of Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation, will interview a panel of animators past and present and share how women make remarkable contributions to the legacy of Walt Disney’s animation studio. The presentation will take place on the Walt Disney Archives Stage on Friday, July 14, at 4:30 p.m.
● Disney Legends Richard Sherman and Floyd Norman will invite fans to the D23 Expo Arena on Saturday, July 15, at 6 p.m. for a one-of-a-kind discussion about their upcoming book A Kiss Goodnight.
● Marcy Smothers, author of the upcoming title Eat Like Walt: The Wonderful World of Disney Food, will show guests in the Walt Disney Archives Stage on Sunday, July 16, at 10 a.m. how Walt Disney infused fun and creativity into his food—from his family’s kitchen table to the Happiest Place on Earth.
● On Sunday, July 16, at 4:15 p.m. on Stage 28, Kingdom Keepers author Ridley Pearson, Disney Legend Marty Sklar, and fellow Imagineers will explore the history of Disney Parks through Maps of Disney Parks: Charting 60 Years from California to Shanghai.
● Celebrating the 90th anniversary of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Dave Bossert and David Gerstein, authors of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons, will showcase the definitive history of the iconic character on Sunday, July 16, at 6 p.m. on Stage 28.
Throughout the weekend, select authors and artists will be available for signings and meet and greets at Talent Central and the Disney Dream Store.
DCPI Pavilion and Oh My Disney Stage
In the DCPI pavilion on the show floor, fans can “Live the Magic” and experience how Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel can enrich their daily lives. Divided into four distinct lifestyle environments, guests will be able to preview and experience all-new cross-category offerings from Disney’s licensees, authors and artists, including playing the latest games from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars, immersing themselves in the pavilion’s park environment of outdoor play and creativity, or watching cooking demos in the kitchen environment featuring influencers from Disney Family and Disney Publishing Worldwide.
At the heart of the DCPI pavilion is the Oh My Disney Stage, which will bring the fun, fresh voice of Oh My Disney to life through daily surprise-and-delight moments, including celebrity guests, panels, performances, game shows, toy unboxings, first looks, and a live taping of The Oh My Disney Show hosted by Maker creator Alexys Gabrielle. The stage’s events, programs, and shows will be shared live across the Disney Digital Network’s editorial channels like Oh My Disney, Disney Style, Polaris, and Disney Family and social accounts for every Disney character, franchise, and film. The full Oh My Disney Stage schedule and live streams will be revealed in July.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3–9. Multi-day tickets are also available. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23expo.com.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. (C) 2017 MARVEL
About D23 Expo 2017
D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event, which will take place July 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center, provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. For the latest D23 Expo 2017 news, visit D23expo.com. Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. To join the D23 Expo conversation, be sure to follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold and General Membership levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.