Convention season is in full swing – if you’re in town for business, why not add a little pleasure, too? With packed agendas and full days of meetings, I know you have to make the most of your limited free time in Central Florida. New additions to Disney Springs have basically transformed the property into a one-stop-shop for those who want to see a lot without giving up a lot of time. Below, in no particular order, are five of my favorite reasons for those here on business to check out Disney Springs:
- Award Winning Chefs: You won’t find a more impressive collection of restaurants anywhere in Central Florida. Featuring five James Beard Award-Winning Chefs, Disney Springs is the place to satisfy your palate with venues by Rick Bayless (Frontera Cocina), Masaharu Morimoto (Morimoto Asia), Art Smith (Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming), Wolfgang Puck (Wolfgang Puck Grand Café) and Tony Mantuano (Portobello), to name just a few. Many venues offer private dining spaces, or you can work with your Disney travel planner to mix-and-match and create the ultimate dine-around or progressive dinner experience.
- Incredible Entertainment: Disney Springs comes alive at night with more than 25 entertainment options offered each evening. Classic live music, DJ dance parties, acoustic performances, freestyle rap, living statues and a wandering mentalist ensure there’s something for everyone. Want more? Escape from the ordinary with “La Nouba” by Cirque du Soleil – even if you’ve seen every Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas, you’ve never seen anything like this! Group ticket pricing is available at this only-at-Disney-Springs spectacle.
- Spectacular Shopping: Explore a curated collection of hard-to-find specialty shops including Trophy Room, Sugarboo & Co, Shore and American Threads – all new to the region. Shop some of the hottest brands like ZARA, UNDER ARMOUR BRAND HOUSE,Anthropologie and UNIQLO (the first in the Southeast), alongside boutique retailers such as Johnston & Murphy, Tommy Bahama, Kate Spade New York and Alex and Ani, among others. And of course, you can’t return from Orlando without a little something for your loved ones, so World of Disney, the world’s largest Disney merchandise store, is a “must-visit” destination!
- After-Hours Nightlife: Where to begin? There’s the rooftop lounge at STK Orlando featuring an in-the-moment cocktail menu; the on-the-water Dockside Bar at The BOATHOUSE with gorgeous sunset views; the highly-themed Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, based off one of the characters in the “Indiana Jones” films; and the upstairs hideaway, the Forbidden Lounge, at Morimoto Asia with an unparalleled sake menu. These are but a sample of the late-night hot spots at Disney Springs.
- Convenience: Whether traveling with your team or arriving solo, getting to Disney Springs has never been easier. With direct access from Interstate 4, complimentary parking in surface lots and covered garages, and multiple drop-off and pick-up sites for group transpiration, travel to and fro is a breeze. Plus, the Welcome Center can assist with any questions you might have.
If you’ve visited Disney Springs during a recent work trip, let me know what you enjoyed most in the comments below.
Planning a meeting or event in Central Florida? Disney Meetings & Events can help – visit https://www.disneymeetings.com for details!